Blake has long days of class on Tuesday and Wednesday and so it is mostly just Jaylee and I all day. Most days I realize that I worry Jaylee is bored with me and so I try to find things to do for her. I guiltily look forward to nap times where I can have a moment to myself to shower or be get some things around the house done. Usually when I hear her start to wake up I think oh no just sleep a little bit longer. It was on one of these long days when she was starting to wake up from her nap that I had the same thought of oh man I wish she would stay asleep when I realized something...I needed to be grateful for the time I have with her in this stage that she was in now because it wouldn't last very long. I realized she had already grown up too fast and I wanted to slow down time to keep her little forever. I decided right then and there to be excited and I ran in our room (she sleeps in our closet haha) and showed her that I was excited she was awake. I wish you could have seen her face, it was a mixture of my mom has gone crazy and the thought of I kind of like this craziness. We spent the rest of the day dancing, running, reading, jumping on the bed and other crazy stuff. She helped me make dinner...eggs her favorite...and I gave her her little bowl and she walked right up to our table and put her bowl there and said "UP". She sat on her own chair ( we are going through the independent stage right now) and we ate dinner together. It was a fun night and when Blake got home after we put her to bed I started telling him about how cute Jaylee had been that day and I broke down into tears! Blake just laughed and started crying too and we both talked about how big she was getting. So now I try to make everyday count, and enjoy every moment I get with her and Blake
.
Oh P.S. the day after this great mommy moment day, Jaylee was jumping on the bed and she fell off and bonked her head...on the nightstand...not a good mommy moment. Dang I guess we all have good and bad days!
3 comments:
Love it! I have been going through the same thing.. Great way to look at it. : ) Both my kids have had those... they are not fun.. Braxton just got over one from falling and hitting his head on the corner of the wall. He thinks he needs to pull himself up on everything and keeps falling. I still remember one time when we were at the mall when Emma unbuckled herself in the stroller and tried getting out and fell on the floor.. she hit one of the racks and looked exactly like that. I felt like the WORST mom EVER! Sounds like you are having lots of fun in NYC though! Love reading your posts. A lot funner to read than my boring ones haha
We've all totally been there... done that! You are not alone! Thanks for taking the time to write it down. Although, I did like your grand finale:( Poor Jaylee
I just hope she'll still shake her head NO at me when you move back!
Apartment looks very nice. I don't think we have any pics of the dump we lived in NJ.
Love you all,
-Michael
Post a Comment