Thursday, October 9, 2008

Amy's new job

Well I have been here for over two months now so I guess it was about time that I got a job. I interviewed at a couple of different offices and was able to get a receptionist position at Phipp's orthodontics. I am really excited to be doing what I was before, although I do have to say that I miss working for my dad!. I really like the people I work with but they do think that I am pretty weird cuz I don't drink alcohol or coffee. They found out that I was turning 21 in November so they wanted to take me out to different bars on my birthday but I told them that I didn't drink, so they said well that is okay we can take you to get sushi and I said that I wasn't a fish person either! Man they thought I was pretty lame! oh well they are nice anyway.

I work 4 days a week usually Mon-Thurs. on Mondays we work 9-6 with a one hour break and on the other days we work 7:30-4:30, Tuesdays I even get a 2 hour lunch break. And yes it is early! But things are going well. I even found out that the Dr. is going to London over Christmas to visit his daughter and is taking 2 weeks off! YA!!! so I will be able to have a long Christmas vacation!(Going home is now the best vacation ever!!!)

5 comments:

JennMatt said...

Congrats Mayms! Love you guys.

Alexie said...

Yay! Hope you love it.

kevin and heather said...

Amy that is so good! That is so funny that they wanted to take you out partying. I guess it shows you the kind of bubble we have in Utah which is kind of nice. I am glad you got the comments working right...about time! haha just kidding. Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see you guys!

Neal and Shannon said...

See, it was meant to be that you work for this Dr. so you CAN come home at Christmas. My theory is....if they don't let you off just quit;). I know how important it is to come home. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Well I just want to start off by saying that I love your blogspot! I don't think you are weird! You are a great girl! Everyone has different and we enjoy different things! Looking forward to seeing you at work!