Monday, December 15, 2008

It's Freezing!!!

Man! These last couple of days have been the coldest I have ever experienced. I thought living in Utah I had felt cold weather, but man it seems to be even colder here. The high today was 3 degrees! And to make matters worse there is a wind chill that makes it seem like it is -20 degrees. The wind is blowing at 10-20 mph and it is the kind of wind that chills you to the bone!. I was watching the news last night and they were talking about warming centers for the homeless being over crowded and I can't even imagine living outside at these temperatures. They were saying that at night your skin could freeze in a matter of minutes! And those who know me know that I hate being cold. So everyday when I get home I throw on a warm sweatshirt and comfy pants and sit under my electric blanket all night. The heater is always going in our apartment. Funny story, there was some cold air leaking through our air conditioning system so Blake had the brilliant idea of using that Glad press n' seal stuff and he covered the whole thing! It is funny to see it but it seems to work. Now we are trying to figure out how to keep air from coming through the outside doors. So if you have any bright ideas like Blake did let us know!!

1 comment:

Alexie said...

Where is the picutre of you snugglesd under the blanket? :o) We can't wait to see you for Christmas, Abby calls you on her play phone in the bathtub almost every day- and you seem to have quite the conversation!